About the Bradford White Water Heater
Do you need a new hot water heater for your home? You can count on Bradford White hot water heaters to provide extra efficiency and reliable, safe operation. That will help you save money on energy costs and get all the hot water your family needs for cooking, cleaning, hygiene, and laundry.
For more than 135 years, Bradford White has been building water heaters that are made to last and provide homeowners with the hot water they need for daily life.
Allowing mold, mildew and bacteria to grow can activate illnesses and allergic reactions
Using Microban® antimicrobial technology, Bradford White has added a layer of protection to our tanks that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria on the surface of the tank lining.
Did you know that heating water is the second biggest energy user in the home?
Bradford White is committed to providing customers with highly efficient equipment, with more than 60 ENERGY STAR rated models available. That means you’ll easily find a hot water heater that meets your needs and helps you save on your utility bills.
Defender Safety System
Choose safety with a system that resists the ignition of flammable vapors
The Defender Safety System® is a proven feature in many of Bradford White’s residential gas water heaters that resists the ignition of flammable vapors outside of the water heater. The Defender System® gives homeowners peace of mind knowing they not only have reliable performance but safer operation, too.
ULTRA LOW NOx WATER HEATERS
The Eco-Defender Ultra Low NOx water heater from Bradford White delivers proven performance, while setting the standard for low NOx emissions to protect the environment. With a state-of-the-art radiant burner and an advanced control system, Eco-Defender models emit 75 percent less NOx emissions than standard models while maintaining optimal combustion efficiencies and performance. Bradford White’s exclusive Eco-Defender Safety System® protects against external vapor ignition, providing homeowners with safe operation and peace of mind.
UNIQUE BENEFITS OF A BRADFORD WHITE WATER HEATER
When you choose to install a Bradford White water heater for your home, you can count on benefits that go beyond what you might expect from a hot water heater, including:
Other Benefits of Bradford White Water Heaters
- Quality: Every Bradford White water heater is Built to be the Best® – and designed for outstanding performance. You can be confident your family will have hot water when they need it, every day, year after year.
- Efficiency: Bradford White has more than 60 ENERGY STAR® rated water heaters that provide outstanding efficiency to lower your energy usage and save you money on your utility bill every month.
- Safety: Bradford White water heaters are designed and built for safe operation with features – like their Defender Safety System® – that deliver peace of mind for your family. Additionally, installation by a qualified technician ensures optimal safe operation that meets local codes.
Signs you need to replace your old water heater
According to ENERGY STAR, your water heater will give you some signs when it comes time for a replacement. Here are a few indications that it’s time to consider a new hot water heater for your home:
- Visible Rust & Corrosion: This is a sign that the water heater is wearing out. Corrosion may either be around water lines or on the unit itself. If there is noticeable deterioration, you should call Degree as soon as possible.
- Water Leaks: Hot water heaters are designed to be a closed system. As a result, if you see moisture outside the tank, it’s an indication that something is breaking down. Water leaks can often worsen quickly, and that means damage not only to your water heater, but also to the area and any items around it.
- Rusty Water: If you notice rust in your water, this is usually a sign that the interior of the water heating system is corroding and breaking down. Rusty water can cause damage to clothing and dishes, and can even cause your hair and nails to yellow. If there is rust in your water, you should call Degree right away.
- No hot water: Over time, sediment can build up inside your tank and reduce its capacity. Chemicals and minerals, like lime and chlorine, in our water can damage the tank and collect in the bottom of the tank, and the resulting buildup reduces the available water to be heated and used by your home.
- Noisy Operation: If your water heater is making unusual noises, such as rumblings or vibrations, it is likely working too hard. Very often rumbling can be attributed to a buildup of sediment on the bottom of the tank, which can lead to bigger problems. Any noises should be checked out by a professional.
How do water heaters work?
Generally speaking, hot water heaters work much in the same way as heating a pan of cold water on your stove works. First, cold water from your water lines is fed into your hot water heater tank through a designated line. The water heater then uses a burner or element to heat the water until it reaches the desired temperature. The heated water travels out of the top of the tank via a heat-out pipe. Tankless hot water heaters also use an element to heat the cold water, but instead of heating an entire tank of water constantly, the water is heated on demand.
Degree offers a Variety of Hot Water Heaters
Electric hot water heaters
Bradford White offers a line of upright electric water heaters that provides homeowners with outstanding performance with the convenience of electricity. They offer single and double element models, which come in sizes to fit many household needs.
Gas water heaters
Bradford White strives to offer homeowners gas water heaters that are extra efficient and provide reliable, safe operation. This helps the homeowner save money on energy costs and get all the hot water their family needs.
Oil water heaters
While oil hot water heaters were commonly used for a long period of time, many companies have discontinued their manufacture as new technologies have come along. Today’s hot water heaters are more environmentally friendly and energy efficient than their counterparts that operate using oil.
PVC vented water heaters
In many instances, PVC piping should not be used to vent your home’s hot water heater. PVC can easily melt, providing ineffective venting and possibly safety concerns. For most hot water heaters, metal or stainless steel piping should be used. However, Bradford White’s lineup of direct vent hot water heaters can safely use PVC piping for ventilation purposes.
Indirect water heaters
If you’re using a boiler to heat your home, you can use it to efficiently heat your water too. Bradford White’s indirect water heaters use many of the same technological advances and quality features of their electric and gas water heaters to produce a very efficient, effective hot water solution for your home.
When you need a new water heater, count on Degree and Bradford White.
When you need a new water heater, Degree can help you get an effective and efficient Bradford White hot water heater for your home and lifestyle. And, your new hot water heater will help you save on utility bills and will provide the hot water your family needs for everyday living.
The Degree Difference
At Degree Heating & Cooling, we’re dedicated to providing the best possible HVAC solution for your home or business. You can rely on us to provide you with a ductless system that is individualized for your needs. And, since we’ve installed many systems across the Connecticut region, we’ve earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time. Let our experts customize a solution that’s right for you and your budget.
Why Choose Degree Heating and Cooling?
Locally Owned For 30 Years
We’re not a franchise. We truly care about the community we’ve served since 1993.
A Company You Can Trust
It's our promise to never use high pressure sales tactics or sell you something you don’t really need.
Save Energy and Money
We carry the latest high efficiency equipment to help you reduce your energy use, and cost.
Highly Qualified Professionals
We promise the fast, professional service you deserve and to leave your home spotless.
Ready? Let’s go!
Submit a request through our online request form or give us a call and our specialist will help you to have the cleanest air possible.