Have you been thinking about upgrading to a new home comfort system? Today, there are many different options when it comes to home heating and cooling, and most new equipment is far more efficient than systems were even 10 years ago. One of the most efficient home comfort technologies is heat pump heating and cooling.
Heat pumps have been used in homes throughout the world for quite some time, but they’ve only recently become popular in the Northeast. That’s because technological advancements have made heat pump systems capable of home heating, even in very cold weather. Cold-climate heat pumps have enabled more people to enjoy effective, efficient home comfort. Below, we’ll talk about the benefits of choosing a heat pump system for your home, and how Degree can help.
5 Ways a Heat Pump System Can Benefit Your Home
There are several reasons why people choose heat pump systems when they need to replace their home comfort system. Here are the top five benefits homeowners can enjoy when installing a heat pump:
- Improved Energy Efficiency: The Department of Energy considers heat pumps to be one of the most energy-efficient home comfort products on the market today. They indicate that a heat pump uses up to 50 percent less energy than electric baseboard heat. Not to mention, heat pumps tend to dehumidify better than standard air conditioning systems, helping to reduce energy usage and increase comfort during the summer months.
- Better Year-Round Comfort: Unlike traditional heating and cooling, which requires separate equipment for heat and air conditioning, a heat pump is the whole package. A singular heat pump system replaces both air conditioning and heating equipment. That’s because during the summer months, the heat pump moves hot air out of your home, and in the winter, it extracts heat from the outdoor air and brings it inside. (Yes, even very cold air contains heat!)
- Versatile Configurations: Heat pumps come in both ducted and ductless configurations, so no matter what type of home you have, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of a heat pump. Ducted models work best in homes that already have an existing system of ductwork, whereas ductless systems are great for replacing baseboard heat and window or portable AC.
- Better for the Environment: One of the reasons why heat pumps are so efficient is because they do not require fossil fuels to heat your home. They work by extracting heat from the air (air source heat pumps) or ground (geothermal heat pumps) and pumping that heat into your home. And, modern heat pumps use a type of refrigerant that is much less harmful to the atmosphere than older refrigerant types, such as freon.
- Available Incentives: Federal and state governments, as well as utility companies, are seeing the benefits of homeowners choosing heat pump systems. As such, there are numerous incentives being offered to help homeowners pay for a new heat pump system for their homes.
How can Degree help me get a heat pump system for my home?
At Degree, we proudly offer complete heat pump services, including expert installation, maintenance, and repair services. You can be confident that you’re getting the best heat pump installation available for your home when you choose us to assist you. Call Degree Heating & Cooling at (860) 633-6122 and one of our friendly associates will be happy to help you with your heat pump needs.